Thursday, March 22, 2012

Running

My view this morning.
This morning, before jardin, I went on my first run since I've been in Paraguay, and it was amazing. It's been hard not having many similarities here to my life at home, so running was a great way to get some of that back. It gave me time to think, do something normal (well, for Americans at least--definitely got a couple of stares from our neighbors), realize that just because I've lost some weight it doesn't mean I'm in shape, and just take in the beauty around me. It's definitely a lot better way to deal with my homesickness than stuffing myself with the cookies and candy I bought on Saturday (out of the 3 rolls of cookies and 3 bags of candy I bought, after 5 days I'm down to one roll of cookies and half a bag of gummy bears). Here's to ejercicio!

No comments:

Post a Comment