Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meet my travel partner, Caitlin!

Our first photo together as VOICA volunteers!!
Caitlin arrived in Albuquerque today! I am so excited for the next phase of formation and to get to know the person who I'll be living and working with for the next four months (She's only serving until May). She's a fellow Midwesterner, hailing from Nebraska, just turned 23, majored in English and Spanish in college, is a vegetarian and has a passion for travel and service. Day one, it seems like we have quite a few similar interests and both have pretty easy going personalities. Yay! The only downside of her arrival is that Sr. Angela felt the need to bring up all of my bad eating habits again, our biggest area of conflict. The upside, Caitlin was pretty diplomatic and kind of even stood up for me. I like this girl already!

No comments:

Post a Comment