Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Does this look like a year’s worth of clothes to you?


Believe it or not, as of right now, I’ve managed to fit ALL of my clothes and a good portion of my shoes for both Paraguay and Albuquerque into one large suitcase. I still need to pack a few pairs of shoes and a small stockpile of toiletries into my duffle, but my awesome hiking backpack I got from my boss is filled with mementoes, books, computer stuff and a change of clothes. Who would have ever thought I could pack this light?! I can’t take all of the credit though. I do owe a big thank you to my mom. She went through all of the things I THOUGHT I would need with me and helped me downsize. Because in the end, six fashion scarves might be a little much!

I’ve been getting a little crafty and sucked into Pinterest, so I decided to make my own cloth travel frames (with Mom’s help on the sewing). They hang on the wall and can hold multiple photos in each plastic pocket, so I can rotate my pictures. When I’m on the move, I can fold them up into a nice little pile to travel. I’m pretty proud. Check them out! 



They’re hung a little crooked, but you get the idea.



P.S. I’ll be home for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment